200 school perseverance stakeholders gathered at the Grande Bibliothèque to discuss the myriad facets of parental engagement in children’s educational experience. The presentation of research findings sparked a consideration of the roles and expectations of parents and other educational stakeholders, of the issues related to parental engagement, and of how to promote the value of such engagement.
The presentation was followed by a panel to present initiatives and shed light on the conditions that promote parental engagement and on traps to avoid.
Speakers and presentations
Parental engagement: roles, expectations and issues [PowerPoint Presentation] (French only)
Serge J. Larivée, Ph. D.
Faculty of Education
Department of Psychopedagogy and Andragogy
Université de Montréal
Sault-au-Récollet Project [PowerPoint Presentation] (French only)
- Anne-Geneviève Ialongo, Principal, La Visitation school
- Christian Lacombe, Principal, Saints-Martyrs-Canadiens school
- Brigitte Robert, Community Mobilization Officer, Centre de ressources éducatives et communautaires pour adultes
Spaghetti Nights Family Workshops [PowerPoint Presentation] (French only)
- Matthew Albert, Educational Consultant, Lester B. Pearson School Board
- Anurag Dhir, Community Engagement Coordinator, Social Equity and Diversity Education Office, McGill University