Along with parents and teachers, you are also a significant adult for these young people, so you play an important role in their education.
If you work to promote school perseverance, Montreal Hooked on School has a number of tools that can help you do your job:
- Information about the state of school perseverance in Montreal
- Overviews of Montreal neighbourhoods
- Support and intervention resources
- An assortment of actions focused on various types of intervention
- Resources to support the implementation of effective actions
- A newsletter and activities on topics related to promoting school perseverance
- Key topics on :
School perseverance at a glance
of Montreal students obtain a diploma.
A 13.7% improvement since 2009.
of Montreal youth drop out before graduating.
A 8.7% improvement since 2009.
of Québec dropouts are in Montreal.
This represents 1,870 Montreal youth who left school without graduating in 2015.
of Montreal kindergarten students are vulnerable in at least one developmental domain.
This is higher than the Québec average of 27.7%.
of Québec elementary students living in the most underprivileged conditions are in Montreal.
An average of 25,245 Montreal families with a child under the age of 18 live in a highly underprivileged area.
(Target for the Montreal region, students aged 20 and under)