Title: Multilingual reading (Young Readers in the 21st Century – Information sheet 5)
Author: Réseau réussite Montréal
Publisher: Réseau réussite Montréal
The Young Readers in the 21st Century series is a brief, easy-to-digest compilation of knowledge about different aspects of reading, along with practical ideas to promote reading for pleasure.
Fact sheet 5 covers multilingual approaches to literacy that will encourage allophone students to read and write in French and offers several activities for preschool, elementary, and high school levels.
This infographic is based on a presentation by Françoise Armand (Université de Montréal).
Other information sheets in the series:
- Information sheet 1: What is reading?
- Information sheet 2: Functional reading
- Information sheet 3: Promoting reading, it’s everybody’s business
- Information sheet 4: The ABCs of connecting with the written word (infographic based on a presentation by Olivier Dezutter [Université de Sherbooke])
- Information sheet 6: Reading on digital platforms (infographic based on a presentation by Nathalie Lacelle [Université du Québec à Montréal])
- Information sheet 7: Thinking outside the reading box