Title: Functional reading (Young Readers in the 21st Century – Information sheet 2)
Author: Réseau réussite Montréal
Publisher: Réseau réussite Montréal
Format : PDF
The Young Readers in the 21st Century series is a brief, easy-to-digest compilation of knowledge about different aspects of reading, along with practical ideas to promote reading for pleasure.
Fact sheet 2 is about functional reading and the day-to-day practices of those with little motivation to read. It also offers options for organizing reading activities for young people who are less inclined to read.
Other information sheets in the series:
- Information sheet 1: What is reading?
- Information sheet 3: Promoting reading, it’s everybody’s business
- Information sheet 4: The ABCs of connecting with the written word (infographic based on a presentation by Olivier Dezutter [Université de Sherbooke])
- Information sheet 5: Multilingual reading (infographic based on a presentation by Françoise Armand [Université de Montréal])
- Information sheet 6: Reading on digital platforms (infographic based on a presentation by Nathalie Lacelle [Université du Québec à Montréal])
- Information sheet 7: Thinking outside the reading box